follow me on instagram

Pages - Menu

Sunday, December 07, 2014

Mommy's pasta with guest of honor

"Home sweet home" was my first thought as soon as I tried this plate...well, the truth is that I learnt to cook this pasta sauce from my mommy ♥ it's easy and quick to prepare, with a fresh and savoury taste that will delight you. But today I decided to add a special ingredient created by my freaky mind...keep on reading to know how to make it!

INGREDIENTS:
For the "parmesan"
150 gr cashew nuts
75 gr almonds
1 tbs miso powder
1 pinch salt

For the pasta
4 plum tomatoes (e.g. San Marzano)
100 gr rocket
1 clove garlic
2 tbs olive oil
pasta of your own choice (corn linguine in my case)
1 handful raw vegan "parmesan" shavings

PROCEDURE:
Bring some water to the boil and cook whole tomatoes for a couple of minutes. Drain them and dunk into cold water. Add a pinch of salt to boiling water and cook the pasta that you prefer. Get back to tomatoes, peel them and cut into pieces. Stir fry chopped garlic in 2 tbs olive oil, add cutted tomatoes and rocket and cook for approximately 5 minutes, adding some water and a pinch of salt if needed. Drain pasta, season with the sauce and a shred of olive oil. Add "parmesan" shavings and enjoy!

For the "parmesan", you have to organize in advance: first of all, soak cashew and almonds overnight, then peel almonds and blend with other ingredients. Place the cream in a closed container and let it ferment in a warm place - I used a blanket - from 24 to 48 hours, depending on how strong you prefer the flavour of your fake cheese. After the fermentation, place a thin layer of the mixture on a shelf of your dehydrator and dehydrate with raw program for 12 hours. If you don't have dehydrator, use oven at the lowest temperature. You can also blend it and use as grated "parmesan". Store in the fridge until 14 days at most.


DISCLAIMER: I wrote "parmesan" in inverted commas and using small letter, because I perfectly know that real Parmesan cheese is a PDO product and I don't want to use that name improperly. I decided to call this fake cheese like that only because it reminds me the taste of this cheese and because of the visual simililarity.

No comments:

Post a Comment